- Here at heidifeathers we want a business which
works well with the earth we live on. We have 4 goals at heart:
Animal Welfare, Recycling, Environmental Impact
and Sustainability. All future decisions will be determined with these core
values as our filter.
- We always seek out British suppliers first. Which
is why more than 95% of our suppliers are British. Helping other British
companies and individuals to thrive and keeping air miles of our products to a
- We use
high quality sustainable source either
FSC or PCFS woods
for all of our wooden felting handles, spindles and fulling blocks.
- Our handmade felt balls are from
azo free dye.
- The All-in-one acid dyes we sell contain no animal products or
harmful mordants and are non-toxic.
- non-toxic dyes colour all of our dyed wool tops, batts, slithers, locks, and
- The wools have been scoured (cleaned) and dyed either
in the UK or in Europe, subject to EU regulation.
- Our wools have been ethically sourced, many are from
British breeders. We source our merino from South America because it does not
carry out mulesing of their flocks.
- We do not supply any fibres from cage farmed
animals such as mink, silver fox, angora etc.
- Furthermore, we believe we source from free-range animals
only. Our white merino is now organic! And we look to increasing our organic
produce when available.
- We recycle all paper and cardboard waste and
- We pack wool in grip seal bags, and our needles in hard plastic
needle tubes, both can be used to store the products and reused.
- Our boxes are from a British supplier so reducing
air miles and are made of at least 80% recycled cardboard, and or course can be
fully recycled. We use paper, labels, and invoices produced with FSC
- Our electricity is from green fuel.
- With our aim of stopping using single use
plastics we are now reusing all plastics we can that we receive from suppliers
either in-house or as packing materials. We also request minimal packaging from
- We are using paper bags for some of our goodies
so reducing use of bubble wrap and plastic bags.
- Likewise, we are phasing out plastic tape in favour of
paper biodegradable tape. Any bubble wrap we sell is green recycled bubble wrap.
- We are now using home compostable mailing bags or
100% recyclable paper mailing bags to post out your goods (size and availability
forward we will update you with any changes as they happen.